One of the essential components of success is productive work. However, not everyone can fully understand what needs to be done and how to behave so that the work brings pleasure and significant earnings. If you have finally managed to get the job you have been dreaming of for a long time, do your best to keep it. Think carefully about the tactics of your behavior so as not to make offensive mistakes and not to push away new colleagues.
What to do to keep your job
Layboard.in made some tips and tricks for everyone interested in keeping their job.
- You should do everything possible to join the team as soon as possible and “become your own.” So try to be open and friendly. Do not hesitate to ask for advice and consult with more experienced colleagues.
- Learn to listen to comments and correct mistakes in your work calmly, without offense. But do not point out, and even more so in an extreme form, the shortcomings in friendship with colleagues. They may have an unhealthy sense of competition. They will subsequently be overly picky about your work.
- In no case do not enter into conflict; avoid such situations. On the contrary, be correct not only with the management but also with other employees.
- Remember to mention and set the former management and previous place of your activity as an example. Again, it is unlikely that superiors or new colleagues will like such an inappropriate comparison.
- Constantly improve your professional level. Competent specialists will always be in demand by the management. But show your importance sparingly. Be modest and executive.
- In no case do not immediately make excessively high demands: high salary, systematic bonuses, promotion. Instead, better think about how to prove your professional suitability.
- Do not be late for work and do not do extraneous things at the workplace (talking to friends on the phone, reading magazines, etc.).
- In no case do not flirt with colleagues and superiors. This will indicate your need for more professionalism.
- Be sure to follow the dress code. Always be neat and stylishly dressed.
- In dealing with customers, maintain restraint and understanding.
- Try to be mobile and ready for changes. For example, if there is a need to go on a business trip, do not refuse, referring to the presence of small children or poor health.
- Love what you do, and then you can not only stay in your job but also move up the career ladder and improve your family’s financial situation.
How to stay productive at work
Productivity is significant in life. The ability to respond quickly to changes, adapt to situations and learn from your own mistakes significantly increases your chances of success and recognition. To achieve your goals, you must know to stand up for yourself and not let others pressure you and impose their own opinions. It is significant for people who’re interested in keeping their job.
You should have precise knowledge of who you want to become. Each of us believes that a lot of work leads to success. However, we often grab hold of entirely different things. We want to do everything at once but often stop because of fatigue. This behavior needs to be clarified rather than helps to achieve success. In the desire to compete, to show ourselves to be an expert in many fields, we stop seeing the goal and move more and more away from success. Productive people, on the contrary, cease to pay attention to public opinion, seek their approval, and follow generally accepted clichés. They begin to work for themselves and themselves, without competing and without being distracted by little clarifications of “who can do better.” Such motivation leads to success much faster.
Life goal. Deep inside ourselves, many of us hope that there will be someone who will show us the right direction and help us find our way in life. Instead of doing what we do well and enjoying our work results, we wait for a mythical wise mentor who would solve all our problems. Productive people set themselves clear goals, which they strive for step by step, solving issues on their own and finding ways to overcome obstacles that appear. They give all their strength to achieve the result and see their future without prophecy and the help of psychics. Consistency, calmness, and systematic work step by step lead them to inevitable success.
You should cut the observation of other people’s lives. In pursuing success, we are often distracted by other people’s superiorities and secretly envy those who have managed to achieve something. Watching other people, we stop moving forward and away from our happiness. The success of productive people is that they do not care about other people’s lives. They build their happiness without being distracted by thoughts about other people’s fame and career. Such motivation allows you to do your business, mobilizing your strength and skills.
Other people’s thoughts. How often do we think about the opinion of others about us and our actions? This fear is one of the reasons for the lack of productive movement forward. Many successful people have disconnected from this destructive feeling, having stopped thinking about outsiders, their thoughts, and their emotions. Their happiness makes them move forward and not pay attention to envious and sometimes caustic comments. Usually, people who cannot concentrate on their lives behave this way. Thus, they try to prevent you from succeeding. Ask yourself the question, do you need to know what people think about you? The opinion of others is just words, and your actions will lead to happiness and well-being. Dedicate yourself to your family, and work for the benefit of yourself and your loved ones.
It would be best if you started giving to others. Benefiting colleagues, helping them, and making this world better are also essential for productive work. However, you should not expect immense praise and stop at what has been achieved, reveling in approving comments. Feelings and emotions directed to the benefit make you feel like a person who can change the environment and make it a little kinder and more welcoming. However, productive people can fence themselves off in time and continue the rapid path to their happiness.
You have to stop waiting for the right moment. How often do we postpone something “for later”? Dreams, goals, and ideas should be realized here and now, not in the mythical future. This pillow suffocates us and our aspirations, not allowing us to make the essential first step on the road to success and productivity. After the first step, you will inevitably make the second and third and go your way. Full involvement in work and belief in yourself is what everyone should strive for. The path to success is not straight, followed only by those who solve problems as they arise and do not wait on the sidelines until they are given a magical acceleration. Productive people are led by their inner voice, which does not let them stop.
Feel free to get help. Productive people are not ashamed of not knowing something. Instead, they ask for help from people more qualified in the field, realizing that new knowledge will help them succeed. But, of course, mutual assistance and timely support are also necessary.
Work on yourself. It would be best if you worked hard and purposefully on yourself, your fears, and your doubts, as they will hinder you. But the best way is to find the goal that will force you to learn something and fight against shortcomings. Why should you become more confident and decisive if it will not help you when you do not have a goal? Especially if you have become more confident, it is not a fact that tomorrow someone will shake your self-confidence. Therefore, only a great destination can solve your internal problems and make you continue to work, even when you are surrounded by difficulties and people who pull you down.
Therefore, set a goal that inspires, and only when you start thinking about it you immediately want to do something to implement it. Then you need to make a clear plan and start acting as soon as possible, and then, success will be on your side. Never give up in the face of temporary difficulties and failures that the goal and life throws us the way so that we learn something and become stronger.
To sum up, success and productivity in work are as critical as the laws of successfully keeping your job. Use your inner reserves to achieve happiness, and never stop at the achieved result.
HR Future Staff Writer